Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

Re: Orange Duce

Postby seacoaster » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:18 am

Russian money:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/21/ho ... -business/

"What remains unclear is whether Trump was compromised or being blackmailed by the Russian government. It is also not clear whether businessmen such as Sater were exaggerating their relations with Putin, and what precisely the Russian president’s role might have been in any of these business contacts with Trump. In November 2015 Sater promised Cohen in an email he could get “all of Putin’s team to buy in” on the Moscow deal, and that in turn would highlight Trump’s business skills and get him elected. “Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Sater wrote. “I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected.”

But apparently those deals didn’t happen. Nor did any meeting with Putin occur, based on the evidence known so far. Still, Lapidus, Trump’s former longtime architect, said he was flummoxed when Trump, first as a candidate and then as president, kept protesting that he knew nothing about Russia and hadn’t tried to do much business there. Lapidus said Trump himself had sent him to Moscow two decades before, in 1997, to survey a property, the Hotel Moskva—which was built into the wall of the Kremlin—to consider purchasing it.

That deal fell through, just as the one in 2016 did. But the issue is not so much what the Trump Organization did in Russia—not much as it turns out, apart from co-owning the Miss Universe contest—but rather what Russians were doing for Trump back in America, Lapidus said. “The quid quo pro has to be in there somewhere,” Lapidus said. “Trump could not get money here. He found Russia, and the Russians gave him a lot of money. He has got to be doing a quid pro quo. It’s just logical. It’s just too much money.”

Yeah, it's crazy that the FBI would think Trump was compromised by the Russians.
seacoaster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby MDlaxfan76 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:20 am

a fan wrote:Simple. When the libs were talking about Trump using Fascist language, this is what they were warning us about....

And people made fun of them.

Constitution? What Constitution? You're a fool if you think that FoxNation wouldn't cheer this move.


Not just "libs", this is what I was warning about.
And where it takes us next if allowed to stand.
User avatar
MDlaxfan76
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby HooDat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 pm

seacoaster wrote:Seventy-five percent of Republicans support the President declaring a national emergency?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/americ ... -cbs-news/

What on earth has happened to the GOP? TANATS.

oh, they're all the same - same kind of stupid. Just wait till the shoe is on the other other foot. People are idiots - who cares what precedent it sets - let's do what feels good now

bang1 clock1 bootys1
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
User avatar
HooDat
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:26 am

Re: Orange Duce

Postby seacoaster » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Fun:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/opin ... e=Homepage

"When Trump was in business, his shtick was stiffing contractors. If confronted, he would try some bombast and storm out of meetings, as he did the other day with congressional leaders, ending talks on the partial government shutdown caused by a crisis he has manufactured. His shtick now is stiffing all Americans. The technique is the same: Keep reality at a distance through hyperactive fakery.

I have been fascinated by Trump’s compulsion. Like birds feasting on mangled flesh in the middle of the road, he cannot help it. Like travelers beset with reflex gluttony in airline lounges, he cannot help it. Like the sulking child denied a video, he cannot help it.

Like the dog that returns to its vomit, he cannot help it. Like a puppet on a string, he cannot help it. Like the scorpion that stings the frog ferrying it across the torrent, he cannot help it. It’s his nature, you see.

A manufactured crisis, I said. It’s worth recalling the 5,200 troops ordered to the southern border before the midterm elections to confront the “caravan of migrants.” This was an exercise in manipulative illusion.

....

Quinta Jurecic, in an important essay for the Lawfare Blog, set out the dangers inherent in this shift before Trump took office. In the essay, “On nonsense and the Oath of Office: The ‘LOL Nothing Matters’ Presidency,” she cited Frankfurt and argued that Trump’s “foundational disrespect for meaning and consequence” — that is to say, for reality and the very concept of law — would make it “impossible for Donald Trump to faithfully execute the laws of this nation and the duties of the oath of office and to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution.”

The president’s apparent readiness to “do national emergency,” as he put it, over a manufactured border crisis amounts to a perfect illustration of this danger. The Reichstag fire was at least a fire. Here there is only smoke and mirrors."
seacoaster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby cradleandshoot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:07 pm

The really sad part about this shutdown is that the politicians that caused it excuse themselves from feeling any pain... they still get paid. The really smart move is to pass the real pain onto the people that are out there working for a living that are not part of the three ring circus in Washington DC. The first rule of any shutdown should be until you figure it out you jerk weeds don't get paid. cussing1
User avatar
cradleandshoot
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby cradleandshoot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 pm

seacoaster wrote:Fun:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/opin ... e=Homepage

"When Trump was in business, his shtick was stiffing contractors. If confronted, he would try some bombast and storm out of meetings, as he did the other day with congressional leaders, ending talks on the partial government shutdown caused by a crisis he has manufactured. His shtick now is stiffing all Americans. The technique is the same: Keep reality at a distance through hyperactive fakery.

I have been fascinated by Trump’s compulsion. Like birds feasting on mangled flesh in the middle of the road, he cannot help it. Like travelers beset with reflex gluttony in airline lounges, he cannot help it. Like the sulking child denied a video, he cannot help it.

Like the dog that returns to its vomit, he cannot help it. Like a puppet on a string, he cannot help it. Like the scorpion that stings the frog ferrying it across the torrent, he cannot help it. It’s his nature, you see.

A manufactured crisis, I said. It’s worth recalling the 5,200 troops ordered to the southern border before the midterm elections to confront the “caravan of migrants.” This was an exercise in manipulative illusion.

....

Quinta Jurecic, in an important essay for the Lawfare Blog, set out the dangers inherent in this shift before Trump took office. In the essay, “On nonsense and the Oath of Office: The ‘LOL Nothing Matters’ Presidency,” she cited Frankfurt and argued that Trump’s “foundational disrespect for meaning and consequence” — that is to say, for reality and the very concept of law — would make it “impossible for Donald Trump to faithfully execute the laws of this nation and the duties of the oath of office and to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution.”

The president’s apparent readiness to “do national emergency,” as he put it, over a manufactured border crisis amounts to a perfect illustration of this danger. The Reichstag fire was at least a fire. Here there is only smoke and mirrors."

Correction... my yellow lab never returns to her vomit. She gets as far away as she can and waits for me to clean it up. ;)
User avatar
cradleandshoot
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby seacoaster » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

I love that dog.
seacoaster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby CU77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm

cradleandshoot wrote:The really sad part about this shutdown is that the politicians that caused it excuse themselves from feeling any pain... they still get paid. The really smart move is to pass the real pain onto the people that are out there working for a living that are not part of the three ring circus in Washington DC. The first rule of any shutdown should be until you figure it out you jerk weeds don't get paid. cussing1

Of course they're almost all wealthy, so not getting paid won't really matter.

The really sucky deal is the "essential" workers who are supposed to show up without pay. Every single one of them should boycott. Then we'll get to see what the Feds really do for us.
www.si.com/vault/1971/06/14/611594/big-red-votes-itself-no-1
www.si.com/vault/1976/06/07/614885/big-red-sticks-it-to-the-terps
www.si.com/vault/1977/06/06/621812/cornells-wild-irish-rose
User avatar
CU77
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby wahoomurf » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:42 pm

"Americans have weathered such storms before and come out on the other side with fresh and progressive horizons".(Ken Burns's review of Meacham's book "The Soul of America).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jo ... 93e00a186b
User avatar
wahoomurf
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby Trinity » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:13 pm

“US intel agencies have been reluctant to call attention to reports of reaction of foreign officials after meeting Trump and Kushner because the reports include disparaging remarks about the president and his subordinates.” Greg Miller.

Our team sucks.
Trinity
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Orange Duce

Postby wahoomurf » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:32 pm

So Mr. President.When will your RUMSPRINGA end? Two years is the norm for the Anabaptist Amish. How much longer will yours go on? BTW the world know you don't drink RUM or any alcohol whether in the SPRING or any other season.

Ask Stephen Miller or Huckabuck if the word confuses you.

Time to move along!
User avatar
wahoomurf
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby old salt » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Trinity wrote:“US intel agencies have been reluctant to call attention to reports of reaction of foreign officials after meeting Trump and Kushner because the reports include disparaging remarks about the president and his subordinates.” Greg Miller.

Our team sucks.

Miller's really frustrated that his leakers have shut up or are gone.
User avatar
old salt
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Orange Duce

Postby MDlaxfan76 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:56 pm

old salt wrote:
Trinity wrote:“US intel agencies have been reluctant to call attention to reports of reaction of foreign officials after meeting Trump and Kushner because the reports include disparaging remarks about the president and his subordinates.” Greg Miller.

Our team sucks.

Miller's really frustrated that his leakers have shut up or are gone.


Really? That's your takeaway?

How about Miller has sources telling him that the "reaction of foreign officials after meeting Trump and Kushner... include disparaging remarks about the president and his subordinates".

Hardly breaking news, though.
User avatar
MDlaxfan76
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby CU88 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 am

rs hero o d says many of the Democrats in Congress are "calling" him and saying "we agree with you" on the shutdown.

Like many of the suspiciously-helpful-to-Trump phone calls Trump describes, there is little chance this is not a lie.
CU88
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby wahoomurf » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:37 am

CU88 wrote:rs hero o d says many of the Democrats in Congress are "calling" him and saying "we agree with you" on the shutdown.

Like many of the suspiciously-helpful-to-Trump phone calls Trump describes, there is little chance this is not a lie.


How did they get through?

One Ringy Dingy,Two Ringy Dingy.jpeg
One Ringy Dingy,Two Ringy Dingy.jpeg (47.82 KiB) Viewed 61 times
User avatar
wahoomurf
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby dislaxxic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:55 am

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
User avatar
dislaxxic
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 am
Location: Moving to Montana Soon...

Re: Orange Duce

Postby seriously? » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:15 pm

President Trump said Monday that the White House will serve food from fast food chains McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King, as well as pizza, to the national champion Clemson University Tigers during the football team's visit later in the day. "I really mean it," Trump told reporters outside the White House. "It will be interesting. And I would think that’s their favorite food."

Talk about insulting. I would advise my son to stay home.
seriously?
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: Orange Duce

Postby foreverlax » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Those are DOPUS' favorite places to dine, why shouldn't he assume that others like what he likes?
foreverlax
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am


Re: Orange Duce

Postby youthathletics » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 pm

seriously? wrote:President Trump said Monday that the White House will serve food from fast food chains McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King, as well as pizza, to the national champion Clemson University Tigers during the football team's visit later in the day. "I really mean it," Trump told reporters outside the White House. "It will be interesting. And I would think that’s their favorite food."

Talk about insulting. I would advise my son to stay home.


Trump is right....You ask any college aged or younger kid what they want to eat for lunch or dinner, and I bet you 90% say some type of fast food, on the east coast they'd eat WaWa everyday if they could. For one tailgate a few years back I left my favorite dish on the counter while traveling and had to improvise. I stopped at McDonalds and order 60 burgers off the dollar menu for the post game food line....needless to say they were gone in no time flat and upset when not on the table the following week.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself. Livy
User avatar
youthathletics
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to POLITICS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a fan and 4 guests