The State of TV

Movies

The State of TV

Postby thatsmell » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:54 am

What is everyone watching these days?

Better Call Saul on AMC is great and really getting into Breaking Bad territory this season.
Ozark on Netflix is highly entertaining and season 2 will be released on Aug 31.
HBO's Hard Knock Cleveland Browns is also entertaining, albeint someowhat simlar each season, but seeing these monster athletes up close and personal is scary. Training Camp is no joke. Even for the downtrodden Browns.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Re: The State of TV

Postby holmes435 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 am

We're wrapping up Wild Wild Country on Netflix - great documentary about the Rajneesh movement.

Making a Murderer was also great.
holmes435

Postby dislaxxic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Got into "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon...good writing, the production level is top-notch, and the female lead is pretty easy on the eyes...just sayin'...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Postby old salt » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:21 pm

thatsmell wrote:What is everyone watching these days?

Better Call Saul on AMC is great and really getting into Breaking Bad territory this season.

The lead in promo to Better call Saulhooked me into checking out Lodge 49, which follows.

Pleasantly surprised (so far). It's got kind of a Cohen Bros, Big Lebowski thing goin'.
It's got a funky SoCal vibe, not unlike Terriers, which is also worth a look if it's avail on Netflix.
old salt

Postby ChairmanOfTheBoard » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:32 pm

evil genius was good. 4 part documentary about a group of acquaintances that orchestrated some grisly murders.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Postby Typical Lax Dad » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:25 pm

thatsmell wrote:What is everyone watching these days?

Ozark on Netflix is highly entertaining and season 2 will be released on Aug 31.
HBO's Hard Knock Cleveland Browns is also entertaining, albeint someowhat simlar each season, but seeing these monster athletes up close and personal is scary. Training Camp is no joke. Even for the downtrodden Browns.

Season 3 of The Fall on Netflix
Typical Lax Dad

Postby Brooklyn » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:47 pm

Gotta admit I am really enjoying Pooch Sleuth Inspector Rex on DVD:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108829/

Also watching Wallander (the Krister Henriksson series).
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

~ Charles Francis "Socker" Coe ~
Brooklyn

Postby old salt » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:45 am

Thank You, Mr. Robot
old salt

Postby old salt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 pm

AMC to air another BBC adaption of a John LeCarre' novel -- The Little Drummer Girl
To air Nov 19-21, 6 chapters in 3 x 2 hr blocks. Same treatment as The Night Manager, which I enjoyed very much.
old salt

Return to MOVIES and TV