Incident #1

FanLax Rules

Re: Incident #1

Postby dislaxxic » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 am

Do you think Tostito self-polices? Maybe, as you say, "within his belief system", but...geez...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Postby admin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:16 am

You and i don't walk into a grocery store, see no security, and say, "Hmm, no security. I want to but I can't steal the Chip Ahoys so I need to self-police." Some people need to have this internal dialogue not to steal the cookies and... some simply steal the cookies. But, either way, there's no sense of social responsibility, doing the right thing, etc. There's "self-policing". And, when confronted with his thievery, the person says, "What?! But you had no security. And where does it day I can't steal? I'm being targeted!" That's why i find the discussion about self-policing odd. I think self-policing is code for, I'm not recognizing the forum rules and, for that matter, social mores. I'm... Self-policing.

'bat, I'm not saying this about you as you use the phrase self-policing. I'm speaking in generalities.
admin
Site Admin

Postby DMac » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 am

Self policing is different rules by different people. Walk into some people's houses and they're using MFer and F in every other sentence in front of their kids, other houses, you'd never hear that. Kids who grew up in the house where MFer was used in every other sentence have a different definition of self policing.It is what it is.
Matnum PI wrote:DMac, agreed. But you're three people. What about the other 489 (and there's-gotta-be more come February) post-ers? Also, I'm lazy. i don't want to have to ask each person one-by-one where they live and if they want to meet up. I don't want to ask women on a date. i want a Dating App!

Yup, a big gathering is going to take some coordinating. Location will always be good for some, not so much for others. CU77, for example, lives in California.
As stated though, we know who one another follows, and if you're going to their house (field) or they're coming to yours, a simple PM can get the two (or 3, or 4) of you together.
DMac

Postby admin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 pm

That's a great example. CU in CA. Who else is in CA? I'm looking at the Real Time Google Analytics and there are plenty of people all over the country. My only thought is that they should know who each other are. Not by Bert Macklin. But by JHULaxFan or whatever. Then, if they choose to catch a HS game together or whatever, they do. But at least they'll know that each other exist. When it 's on my plate, I'll try to post some of our options with relation to Geo and Location stuff. Heck, the solution might be as simple as a post. but I think we can do better. we'll see...
admin
Site Admin

Postby DMac » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:09 pm

DocB is California boy too.
San Diego, can grow lemon trees there.
DMac

Postby runrussellrun » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Matnum PI wrote:DMac, agreed. But you're three people. What about the other 489 (and there's-gotta-be more come February) post-ers? Also, I'm lazy. i don't want to have to ask each person one-by-one where they live and if they want to meet up. I don't want to ask women on a date. i want a Dating App!

Perfect. Each member should have their own thread. swipe left or right depending..........and no links to other posters profile. Grinder doesn't work like that, can't post someones thoughts as your own
runrussellrun

Postby thatsmell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Matnum PI wrote:
"My point is, what does it really matter if Matt deletes a proven troll's account or a garbage post?"... For the record, I don't delete anything. Admin does. And I don't know if he deleted any posts. I know he deleted a thread by mistake. But, otherwise, I think he's just edited swears, etc.

I thought you (Matnum) were aka Admin. I was under the impression you were dual hatted.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Postby admin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Church and State. Admin lines the fields, refs, etc. Matnum just plays.
admin
Site Admin

Postby WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:40 pm

admin wrote:Church and State. Admin lines the fields, refs, etc. Matnum just plays.

Very good policy too.

I’m waiting to see Matt in the Penalty Box.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Postby Matnum PI » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Won't happen. I'm clean as a whistle.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Previous

Return to FANLAX RULES