WCLA 2019 Season

WCLA Womens Lacrosse

WCLA 2019 Season

Postby hurstlax 39 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 am

Hope that everybody from the LP message boards migrates over here and we can maintain a place to talk about and hear scores and updates from across the country and the WCLA!!

I know that it is tough to keep tabs on what is going on around the league without these message boards ... so be active and let the discussions begin

Nationals are in Virginia Beach, VA again this year after being away fro a few years. I've heard that they replaced all of the grass fields with turf which should be nice and that venue was great for parking and proximity to the beach and boardwalk.
It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple. - Tagore
hurstlax 39

Re: WCLA 2019 Season

Postby admin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Hurst, question. Is this the main/only resource for the WCLA? Just seems odd to have so many teams and such a weak website and... No other websites.
admin
Site Admin

Postby hurstlax 39 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Hey Admin,

The wcla.us site is pretty much the main site. Some of the conferences also have their own website like WCLL here (https://www.womenscollegiatelacrosse.com/)

But its pretty minimal. The WCLA is definitely a HUGE undertaking and a giant labor of love. I'd say that most teams are self-coached and they do a ton of fundraising just to make it to tournaments and pay for everything.

I don't know much about the central administration stuff and who manages the website but I know that the overall coordination between leagues is minimal because it is mostly volunteer with some support from US Lacrosse as part of the team dues go to pay for some support and in planning the National tournament.
hurstlax 39

Postby hurstlax 39 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:22 pm

What big weekend and invitational tournaments are going on this season?

I know that the Golden State Invitational is happening at UCLA the weekend of Feb 15-17
Santa Barbara Shootout is that same weekend Feb 15-17
Georgia is having some teams weekend of March 22-24
Pitt is having their invitational the weekend of March 22-24

Is the Colorado weekend, usually early April, happening again this year?
Fall Ball just ended but I am already itching for the season to start!!!
hurstlax 39

Return to WCLA WOMENS LACROSSE