2019 Contenders?

DIII/D3 Womens Lacrosse

2019 Contenders?

Postby lovelax » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Let's start this out for 2019. Nescac is loaded again with Amherst, Middlebury, Tufts, and Wesleyan returning strong players. Too tough to call this conference now. Alice Lee will turn around Williams but they are not there yet...

York and Mary Washington will both be strong as Salisbury graduated too many seniors to compete here. However Nestor is a great coach and always has strength in the pipeline. I think York makes its first final four in 2019. Great players returning but questions in goal.

In the Centennial Gettysburg returns its core and will vie with Washington and F&M. Dickinson could also contend with the bulk of its impact players returning. I think the Bullets win this conference again.

NJAC is TCNJ's again but Rowan continues to get better and should improve again in 2019. It will be interesting to see how TCNJ adapts to the graduation of its four time AA defender; however they play great D and return a strong goalie. Extremely athletic MF makes it hard to match up.

In ODAC W&L's AA MF should be 100% from an ACL injury suffered in the first game of 2018. Hopefully she can bring the Generals back into the primetime after an off year in 2018. The Generals keep its conference streak alive in 2019.

As usual the incoming freshman class is a wildcard...the freshman helped bring Amherst from a losing record and no NCAAs in 2017 to almost upsetting Gettysburg in 2018 and reemerging as a national power. Who will it be in 2019?
lovelax

Re: 2019 Contenders?

Postby seacoaster » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 am

Who/how much did Gettysburg lose to graduation? Is there a chance for a three-peat?

Middlebury lost some significant contributors to graduation, and will need some time to get their legs under the kids who will have to step up. My recollection is that Amherst and Bowdoin were both pretty young last year and should be good this year. Tufts is the wild card -- I really thought they would have finished stronger than they did.
seacoaster

Return to DIII/D3 WOMENS LACROSSE