MLL, Who is left?

MLL - Major Lacrosse League

MLL, Who is left?

Postby hooligan88 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:29 pm

With the formation of the PLL i noticed a lot of MLL players signed up. Who will exactly be left on the MLL rosters? Will they be allowed to play for both leagues? Is this just a ruse to extend Paul Rabils career? This seriously has the future pro lacrosse twisting in the wind.
hooligan88

Re: MLL, Who is left?

Postby Clever Username » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm

According to Greg Gurenlian, guys we haven't really heard of it yet. He has an interesting take on the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOB31xZJ1V8
Clever Username

Re: MLL, Who is left?

Postby longboard315 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm

The PLL is going to bury the MLL in 1-2 years. They have ALL the marquee players, a great business model with prominent financial backers, and with a far better TV package than the MLL has ever had (NBC Sports). And they just announced a partnership with the WPLL (Womens Professional Lacrosse League), creating an inclusive environment and showcasing a sport like no other professional sports organization has ever done. Smart move here IMO.

And it's nice to see these guys finally are able to make some kind of living doing this too, they deserve it with all the hard work they put in on and off the field!

And when a long-standing franchise like the Boston Cannons, who once played in Boston at venues like Boston & Harvard University, now call their new home Veterans Memorial Stadium in Quincy, MA, the writing is on the wall. I personally lived in Quincy for 7 years, and have been to that stadium a few times - its a dump. http://www.bostoncannons.com/veterans-memorial-stadium

And no offense, but why would I go pay and watch 2nd tier pro lacrosse when the very best players are playing in another league. At Best, the MLL is now more like a minor league system (to the PLL!).

The MLL has no one to blame but themselves....The league has been around for nearly 20 years, and has done zero to improve it's place in U.S. professional sports.
longboard315

Return to MLL - MAJOR LEAGUE LACROSSE