Help Us Build FanLax

We want the FanLax Forum to be yours. Give us suggestions.

Re: Help Us Build FanLax

Postby dislaxxic » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:16 am

I guess the spell checker is tougher than originally thought, or maybe just down the list of priorities at this point.

It's no big deal at all...just a curiosity of mine...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Postby admin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am

I looked into it and... LaxPower was using very old systems. As in, we'd be hard-pressed to find older systems. Today, no one makes them for these types of forums because the internet browsers do it already. 20 years ago, this was not the case. I found a couple but there for a much older version and the person who made it doesn't offer support. I think it's too risky. I apologize. But I did look into it. :)
admin
Site Admin

Postby dislaxxic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:26 am

Can we fix this annoying issue?

Typing A.L.L. (without the periods) results in this weirdness: ALL

Why?

It's the "a" and the "l", only in CAPS: ALL

ALMOST

ALWAYS

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Postby admin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:09 am

ALL

Thanks for the heads-up, Dis.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 am

Functionality where I can go to the PA High School Lacrosse Page and click on Haverford's 2016 schedule and say, "Wow, Culver beat them twice. I wonder if they went undefeated" so I click on Culver and then I click on Culver in 2015 and then etc., this is not simple to create.

1- This information is not readily available.
2- There's between 3 and 4 thousand HS teams. And that's just the HS boys. We also want to do this for the girls and D3 and...
3- And even after you collect all this information, which is not simple, we need to create the links from Haverford to Culver to Culver in 2015 to McDonogh to...

So, I've been digging and digging and then scratching my head and then digging and digging etc. and... We're making progress. Creating this took me hours, not days. This is only 2016, it doesn't have the game scores (just Ws and Ls... first person to complain about this gets a punch in the throat), and... Take a look. Here's Haverford in 2016.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to HELP US BUILD FANLAX